Initially sold for ¥40,000
The MCS2 is capable of transmitting all MIDI Control Change messages, via its slider controls and keys. This made it an ideal companion for MIDI instruments which didn't offer MIDI Control Change transmission capability.
Messages received at the two MIDI IN terminals are merged (mixed) with the MIDI messages generated by the MCS2 itself and sent from MIDI OUT. MIDI IN 2 will accept only channel information to avoid conflicting timing messages.
While the manual inputs may be limited for the potential of this device, as MIDI Control Change messages can basically alter everything in a digital synthesizer, having a real time control over features that are usually not exposed for live modifications is well worth the cost of the MCS2.
- 3 fixed controllers: pitch wheel, modulation wheel and breath controller jack.
- 9 programmable controllers: 2 continuous sliders, 3 buttons, 2 foot controller jacks and 2 foot switch jacks.
- MIDI timing clock and stop/start messages also provided.
- 8 program select buttons permit transmission of MIDI program change messages 1 through 64.
- Two MIDI IN terminals and a MIDI OUT terminal.