Initially sold for ¥1,950,000
Promoted as "the ultimate studio machine for reverb and effects", the REV1 is a digital reverberator that can process multiple models of early reflections and reverberations up to 100s.
It was sold bundled with an essential remote control, the RCR1, which featured a very large LCD panel (fairly uncommon for Yamaha) to display parameters and graphic visualizations of the settings. It also had a RS-232 interface to be hooked up to a PC.
Single XLR input and stereo XLR outputs, the manual also mentions an optional circuit board to be mounted that could provide digital input and output.
- Independent control of early reflections and subsequent reverberation.
- 99 memories: main unit (ROM - 30, RAM - 60), remote control unit (RAM - 9)
- Numeric data entry
- Input level with 16 step LEDs
- Specialized remote control unit
- Computer connector and other extension terminals