Initially sold for ¥220,000
The Yamaha REV7 professional digital reverberator is a programmable, MIDI-controllable signal-processing device with stereo output. It offers a wide variety of reverb, echo, delay, and ambient effects.
Affordable sibling of the much more expensive REV1, aimed at small studios and professionals.
Its features include chorusing, delays, stereo repeats, flanging, phasing, flanged reverbs, gated reverbs, reverse gates and more. Various parameters are available for each reverb, such as 1st reflection, initial delay, reverberation time and diffusion with fine tuning for each output channel.
Can be controlled via an optional RC7 remote. Although the remote lacks all the features found on the remote for the REV1, the interface on the REV7 is much more comprehensive and easy to use.
Together with the SPX90 is considered among the classic digital effect units of the 1980s.
- A wide variety of reverberation, echo, delay, and ambient effects.
- Special Modulation effects include stereo phasing, flanging, chorus, and tremolo.
- Totally accurate and independent control of parameters.
- The 30 factory preset effects may be edited to create up to 60 user programs, which can be stored in the REV7's memory, and instantly recalled at the touch of a button.
- Remote control unit permits remote selection of all presets and the most commonly used user programs.
- Effects may be selected from an external MIDI device (e.g., a DX7 synthesizer) enabling automatic selection of a specified reverberation effect for each voice on the synthesizer.
- Full three-band parametric equalization allows adjustment of the sound of the REV7 to exactly match the acoustic properties of any environment.